Corporation and LLC Attorney
Launching a business is one of the most exciting things to happen in anyone’s life. But the process can be confusing and overwhelming. Where should you start? What type of business should you do? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each type of business structure?
Business owners in the Chicago, IL area need an attorney to guide them through the proper preparation of the basic structure of the business, business formation documents, business contracts, employment agreements, lease agreements, and purchase of a property. An experienced attorney is able to assist small business owners, start-ups, and entrepreneurs with selecting and forming the proper business entity. They focus on minimizing business risks and tax burdens, while ensuring the formation is in alignment with the goals and position of the business owner.
An experienced corporation and LLC attorney helps you consider the benefits and risks of different types of business formations, including sole proprietorship, partnership, incorporation, and limited liability companies. He or she can also draft and file the required documents to make a business dream a reality. Choosing the right entity for your situation can be challenging, but an experienced business formation attorney can provide you information that is specific to your situation. Making the right decision now can protect you in the future.
If you are starting a business or transitioning your business from its current status to a corporation in Chicago, IL, Peter Marx can help. He will review your situation and help you determine what is the best option based on your specific information. He can explain:
- Why LLCs are so often the choice for small business owners and how they offer greater legal protection than a sole proprietorship
- How LLPs enjoy the tax benefits of a partnership, but also have greater legal protection
- Why a C Corp might be worth the complexities because it offers virtually unlimited potential for profit and growth
- How an S Corp can help you eliminate the double taxation pitfall of a C Corp
- How you set up your business has a significant effect on how its run and how successful it will ultimately be. Altering its formation can also help you deal with issues that have arisen since its initial formation. An attorney can guide you through the process and ensure that from a legal standpoint, everything is handled properly. If you are in the process of establishing a business in Chicago, IL, or you want to make changes in your business’s current structure, contact Peter Marx.
Peter has been practicing law since 1994 and has assisted business owners in Chicago and throughout the Chicagoland area with their business formation and real estate needs. Peter and his team have significant experience with business formation and a variety of other legal issues. Peter will walk you through the business formation process and take the time to understand the vision for your business, so you will be able to choose the right type of entity to meet your needs. Once you have chosen the appropriate entity, Peter and his team can draft and file the needed documents and help you obtain the proper registrations and permits.